June 7, 2020
Our first step in reopening our campus was to resume in-person worship services. This began on Sunday May 24 and has gone well for the first few weeks. The Church Staff and Leadership Team believe we are ready to move forward a little more through the following steps listed below. These steps are based on conversations with leaders and servants in various ministry areas and are in line with our established guidelines for reopening the campus.
Beginning Sunday June 21
KidZone - Due to the recent increase in Corona Virus
cases we will not be providing children’s ministry during the worship hour. We
will continue to monitor this situation and make adjustments as needed.
Thank you for understanding.
Ministries can begin to schedule and hold events that occur no more frequently than once per month.
• For example, the Student Ministry can schedule a movie night on campus. The Men’s Ministry could resume monthly prayer breakfast. Connect Groups could plan a fellowship meal.
• Ministries will first need to schedule their event through the church office to prevent any scheduling conflicts.
• Due to space and cleaning requirements, we are not ready to resume weekly ministries yet.
Connect Groups will continue to meet via ZOOM.
• Pastor Shawn is in contact with Connect Group Leaders about when their group would be ready to meet in-person. Many still seem to be OK with ZOOM.
• When we do return to in-person Connect Groups, we will make ZOOM an option for those who need to use it.
• We will have at least 3 large spaces for Connect Groups to use and are working on creating more.
• Connect Groups will have to meet at another time during the week other than Sunday morning.
• This is due to having more Connect Groups than we have available rooms.
• This will also help us limit the length of time people are exposed to one another in a small area.
• Childcare will not be provided at this time. As soon as we are able to do so, we will let our Connect Group Leaders know.
Student Ministry will continue to meet weekly via Zoom.
• Juan Godoy is coordinating with his youth workers to plan a youth event in June and future events for July.
Beth Godoy is creating Weekly Family Activity Packets that parents can pick up at the church for them and their kids to work on.
• Packets will be available Wednesday afternoon and can be done as a mid week activity.
• On weeks when the weather cooperates, families will be able to work on their packets here at the church at tables set up outdoors.
• They can also be picked up on Sunday and used anytime throughout the week.
• This is a great way to continue to provide spiritual growth and engagement opportunities for our kids.
• This will replace the monthly packets that have gone out.
I want to once again thank you for your patience and flexibility as our church family navigates this unique season of life. We’re working on getting back to being fully open but it is going take time. We respect that people are taking measured and cautious steps in deciding when to return in person. As more and more of our church family return to worshipping and serving in person we will be able to offer more and more ministries. I also want to thank our ministry leaders, volunteers, Leadership Team, and Church Staff for how they have lead and served during this time. We truly have an amazing team of people serving God and one another and that’s a big part of what makes our church so wonderful.